Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Week 3 reflection

Week 3 was by far my best week as both an athlete training at Compete, and as a worker. I feel as if I got into more of a groove and became adjusted to the schedule, and really learned how to make the best of the experience. From a training perspective. I feel like I did a much better job focusing on the small details. For example, it is easy to get greedy with weights on a Friday uppers day, but if there is a 2 or 3 second negative, adding weight often means cheating the negatives, even if it is for a second. However, these exercises are all about range of motion, so I found myself dropping 5-10 pounds in a few exercises in order to make sure I was doing so. Additionally, I feel like my diet became a lot stricter and I began to figure out my plan more. One meal I sometimes struggle with is my before bed snack because no one wants to cook up 6 oz of beef when they are about to go to bed, or make a kale salad. However, I decided to plan ahead. In the beginning of the week, I bought a bunch of grass fed meatballs from a nearby market, which lasted me the week. It was much easier planning ahead and having the food already made the struggling to cook up food each night. Meal planning is definitely something I'm looking to improve in the future.

From a working perspective, I feel like I was really able to contribute to the gym and help everyone out, and this week consisted of multiple tasks. I was firing on all cylinders. One day Joe was extremely busy with training stuff, so I helped with some administrative stuff. I called Verizon, waited on the line and talked to the woman until he finished training his group. Some days he would be busy with administrative stuff, and I would jump in on training people. Wednesday was a great example of this because there were multiple people in the gym who needed a trainer for band work, and I jumped right in and helped. Also, when I saw something that needed to be done, I didn't ask, I just did it. One of the times I did this was when there were pebbles from the turf all over the main lobby floor and I knew it would look better if it were cleaned. I realized at times there was a little bit of standing around, so I needed to find my own ways to help out because I knew Joe was busy with other stuff. The third week was a great way to wrap up this unbelievable experience, and I would like to thank the entire Compete staff for making it possible (@Joe @Dean @Mike @Marty).

No comments:

Post a Comment